Mobile Security Tips
Safeguarding your personal information is important when using mobile devices. Follow these tips to help ensure the safety and integrity of your mobile transactions and to protect your bank account(s):
- Remember to treat your mobile device with the same care as you do your personal computer.
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and Social Security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password-protect your mobile device and lock it when it is not in use.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and don’t type sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Install mobile security software to protect your device from viruses and malware.
- Download updates for your mobile device and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps and connecting apps to other services, like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- If you change your phone number or lose your mobile device, let us know right away by contacting Capital City Bank Client Service Center.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity immediately by e-mailing our Client Service Center.
- Always sign off completely when you finish using an app rather than simply closing the app.