The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. That's why Capital City Bank will never call, text or e-mail you and ask for your debit card PIN or online banking password to verify or authenticate your identity. In fact, there is no legitimate reason any financial institution would ever need your debit card PIN or online banking password. For a scammer, on the other hand, it's the payday they're after.
Your safest bet, if you're ever contacted and asked to provide sensitive account or personal information, is always to hang up and call us directly to verify, unless you initiated the contact or are otherwise certain about the legitimacy of the person contacting you. In the event you receive a suspicious call, text or e-mail, or notice activity you don't recognize in your online banking transaction listing, our bankers are here to take immediate action to help protect you and your accounts from further exposure.
Call 888.671.0400 to be connected to our fraud protection services department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Card Service Hours:
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 9 p.m., ET
- Saturday 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., ET
- Sunday 1 - 4 p.m., ET
- If calling outside of Card Service hours, a block will immediately be placed on your card to prevent all future transactions.
- Log into your online banking service or CCBMobile app.
- Under the main menu, click Services then Debit Card Services.
- Choose the affected debit card from the drop-down box and click Freeze Card.
- Be suspicious of anyone calling, e-mailing or texting you and asking you to provide your online banking username or password, or any numbers associated with your accounts, debit cards and personal identity, even if they claim to be calling from your bank. Do not provide any personal information, and contact us immediately to report the incident.
- Check your Capital City Bank statements on a monthly basis to ensure they match your records.
- Shred all personal and financial information before discarding.
- Never leave receipts at an ATM, at bank counters, etc.
- Remove mail from your mailbox promptly and deposit outgoing mail at a post office.
- Review your credit report annually. You are entitled to a free credit report every year.
- Set up account alerts in your online banking service to receive real-time notification when specified transactions and security events occur.
- Call us.
- Chat with us.
- Log in to your online banking service or the CCBMobile app. From the Main Menu, select Services > Update Contact Information to verify your mobile phone number is listed in the Cell Phone field, e-mail address in the Email field, or update or add a mobile number or e-mail to your account.
Capital City Bank places fraud rules to protect our clients and the Bank. Clients are able to indicate, through text responses, whether they made a recent transaction or not, allowing more control of the transactions that occur on their debit cards.
When suspicious transactions are flagged, Capital City sends text message and e-mail alerts when fraud or possible fraudulent activity is suspected. Clients with a current mobile phone number listed will receive an SMS text message in real time from sender 47334.
Depending on the situation at hand, you will receive a text and/or e-mail that your transaction attempt was blocked or a possible unauthorized transaction has occurred.
- Blocked transaction, reply YES and attempt your purchase once again. Or, reply NO if you did not authorize the transaction to let us know it is fraud.
- Possible unauthorized transaction, you simply reply YES or NO. We handle all the rest. In certain cases, your card may be temporarily deactivated. Once you reply YES your card will be reactivated.
- If the activity is unauthorized, reply NO to let us know it is fraud, and we will instantly deactivate your debit card to block future fraudulent transactions.
- If you do not wish to receive alerts about suspected incidents of financial or identity fraud, you can cancel text messaging services at any time. Text STOP in response to any alert from your mobile device or by texting STOP to 47334. Clients who do not have a cell phone on file, or opt-out of text alerts will receive a phone call from 866.446.1415 to validate a transaction. It is very important that cell phone and e-mail information on file be current and accurate.
- Opt back in to SMS fraud alert text messages by texting CCBG to 47334.