Explore Online Banking From Capital City Bank
Your Capital City Bank online banking service allows you to view and manage your accounts quickly, conveniently and securely using an array of helpful features and tools that include:
- Bill payments
- Person-to-person payments and transfers
- Account alerts
- And more... view a complete list
Learn how to get the most out of these powerful tools with our online banking user guides and frequently asked questions. And remember to download the CCBMobile App to ensure the best experience when banking via your mobile device.
How do I enroll?
How do I log in for the first time?
The first time you log in, we must verify your identity using a Secure Access Code. We send a one-time code to a mobile phone number via SMS (text) message or phone number via automated voice message that is on file for you.
- Visit www. ccbg.com or open the CCBMobile app.
- Enter your Capital City Bank online banking Username and click or tap Activate My Service.
- Select a delivery method, or target, for your Secure Access Code (SMS (text), phone). Your delivery options are based upon the contact information we have on file, but you may update this information for future verifications in Settings > Security Preferences once you are logged in. Note: Changing delivery information for Secure Access Codes will not change the contact information on your account. These settings are only for online banking purposes.
- Enter the Secure Access Code in the space provided.
- Select a new password when prompted.
- Review your Online Banking Profile and click Next.
- Review the Online Banking Terms & Conditions and click or tap I Agree or I Accept to continue.
- Register the device to keep from needing an access code the next time you log in. Anytime you log in from a new device or browser, however, you will be prompted to enter a Secure Access Code for your protection. You may register multiple devices for use with our online banking service.
- After completing these steps, you will be taken to your account summary page. This page may be personalized in Settings > Account Preferences.
How do I set up my online banking service?
What do I do if I forget my password?
If you forget your password and your account is not locked (because of too many bad password attempts), you can use the
Forgot Password option on the login page to reset your password.
Forgot Password option on the login page to reset your password.
To reset a forgotten password:
- On the log in page, click or tap Forgot your password?
- Enter your Username and click or tap Submit.
- When prompted, do one of the following:
- Click or tap I already have a Secure Access Code.
- Click or tap one of the delivery methods that are on file for you (phone or text).
We send you the code using the delivery method that you selected.
- On the Secure Access Code page, enter the code and click or tap Submit.
- The New Password page appears.
- Enter your new password in the New Password field and re-enter the password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click or tap Submit and you are directed to the Home page.
Do I need to enroll in the Bill Pay service?
Yes. You will need to enroll and select an account to pay from before you can add a payee or pay a bill, but enrolling is quick and easy!
- From the Menu, click or tap Bill Pay > Quick Bill Pay. You automatically will be guided through the enrollment process.
- Click or tap the account to enroll and select Enroll in Bill Pay.
- On the Agreement page, click or tap I agree to enroll in Bill Pay.
- In the success message, click or tap Continue to Bill Pay and the bill payment page appears.
How do I place a Stop Payment?
You may easily place a stop payment from your online banking service and CCBMobile banking app for paper checks issued by you. For checks converted to electronic debits by merchants, paper drafts or ACH debits, stop payments may be placed with the assistance of a banker by contacting us at 888.671.0400. Stop payment fees apply.
NOTE: The required payment information entered needs to be exact to be effective. Required fields indicated with an *.
- From the Menu, select Services.
- Click or tap Stop Payments.
- Indicate whether you wish to stop a single check or a range of checks.
- Select the account on which the check(s) is drawn and enter the check number or range of check numbers. Click Save and Send to complete your request.
- If you have additional information from the check such as the payee or amount, you may add to the corresponding fields.
Can I create multiple users in my online banking service?
Business clients can create multiple users to share the workload of managing financial information. Company Administrators may add, view, edit and delete users. Based on the amount of access they wish each user to have, they may assign View, Deposit or Withdraw rights. For assistance configuring this feature, view our online banking user guide for consumer & business clients.
What are account alerts?
Alerts remind you of important events, warn you about the status of your accounts and notify you when transactions occur. When you create an alert, you specify the conditions that trigger the alert as well as the way that you receive the alert. These conditions vary depending on the alert type. Alert types include:
- Insufficient Funds
You can choose to receive Alerts in any of these ways:
- Secure Message
- Telephone call
- Text (SMS) message
You do not need to be logged in for us to send the alert. Secure Message and e-mail alerts are sent immediately when they are generated. You specify the time to send alerts in a telephone call or a text message.
For detailed instructions on creating, editing and enabling and disabling alerts, view our online banking user guide for consumer & business clients.
How do I opt to receive e-statements (or change delivery method)?
- From the Main Menu in online banking or the CCBMobile app, click or tap Settings > E-Document Delivery.
- For each account, select a delivery method in the Delivery Type drop-down list.
- Select E-Statement, review the E-Statement Delivery Agreement and click or tap I accept on the pop-up window.
- Click or tap the edit icon (X) in the Address field to open the Select Recipient window and do one of the following:
- Click or tap the check box for one or more existing delivery addresses.
- Click or tap in the Address field and type a new delivery address. Click or tap Add.
- Click or tap Save.
What is a Secure Access Code?
A conventional authentication system relies on two forms of identification to prove your identity: your Username and your password. Multi-factor authentication uses multiple forms of identification to make it harder for attackers to access your account. The multiple forms of identification can include something you know, like as a password, and something only you have (i.e. answers to security questions you selected or a Secure Access Code).
For the Capital City Bank online banking service and CCBMobile banking app, we send a Secure Access Code to a contact phone number you have on file. The code is valid only for a single use and it expires after 10 minutes. When prompted, you select one of the following ways to deliver the code:
Why am I being asked to register my browser or device?
Under any of the following circumstances, you will be asked to register your device or browser:
- You are accessing online banking or the CCBMobile app for the first time.
- You use a different browser on your desktop.
- You delete and reinstall the CCBMobile app.
- Your browser does not save browser cookies.
- You clear existing browser cookies.
- We reset registration for all users for security reasons.
By registering a browser or device, you confirm it is under your control and that you intend to use it to access online banking and/or the CCBMobile app.
DO NOT register a browser or device if you:
- Do not intend to use it to access your online banking service or the CCBMobile app again.
- Are on a public computer.
- Do not own the device or it is otherwise not under your control.
What are cut-off times and transaction limits in online banking?
Explore Mobile Banking From Capital City Bank
The CCBMobile app makes it easy to manage your accounts while on the go. Conduct your banking and access all your accounts securely and conveniently from your mobile device.
- View account balances
- Look up transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts and other banks
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- And more... view a complete list
- Bank with us when and where you want
- FREE to clients with online banking (service/plan fees charged by the mobile service provider are the responsibility of the user)
- Saves you a trip to the office
How do I enroll in Mobile Deposit?
If you are eligible, select Settings > Mobile Deposit Enrollment in your online or mobile banking menu.
To determine eligibility, there is a review process we follow after you sign up for online banking. Essentially, we want to confirm your identity and ensure that your account is in good standing.
How do I access Mobile Banking?
What type of mobile device and mobile service is required for Mobile Banking?
Most tablets and smartphones are compatible with Mobile Banking. For optimal utilization of Mobile Banking, a "smart" phone is recommended. A mobile device with Internet access and an Internet browser application that supports secure SSL connections and is "WAP 2.0" compliant is required in order to view your accounts via Mobile Banking. If you wish to receive a confirmation via text message regarding the transfer and bill payment transactions initiated via your mobile device, a text message feature is needed. Standard text messaging rates from your mobile service provider apply.
Is Mobile Banking secure?
Your personal information is protected by advanced encryption technology to prevent unauthorized access.
What happens if I lose the signal/communication during a Mobile Banking transaction?
If you have the texting feature with your mobile service provider, each transfer and bill payment performed through Mobile Banking will be confirmed with a text message sent directly to your mobile device. If you do not receive a confirmation message or do not have a texting feature on your mobile device, log on to your Capital City Bank online banking service via your personal computer to view the transaction status in your Activity Center. If the transaction is not detailed on your service, the requested transaction did not occur.
What do I need to do if I get a new mobile device?
If you obtain a new mobile device, all you need to do is re-download the app. Remember, with a new device, you will be required to input a Secure Access Code and register your new device.
What happens if I lose my mobile device?
No need to worry. Your account information is not stored on your mobile device, therefore, it cannot be stolen.
Can I setup my bill payment payees via Mobile Banking?
Yes. Complete bill payment payee set up is accessible through your mobile device.
Do I need a password to use Mobile Banking?
Your current Capital City Bank online banking username and password is all you need to access your information via your mobile device.
What if I forget my password?
Select Forgot password on the app login page to reset your password on demand.
You can also contact our Client Service Center for assistance: click "CHAT" on the red bar to your right (7 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays; 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays, ET) or call us at 888.671.0400 toll-free (8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays; 9 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, ET)
Is depositing checks with a mobile device safe?
Yes. The link between your mobile device and our mobile deposit service is encrypted to industry standards. Your scanned check is secure and protected during transmission.
What are Mobile Deposit limits?
Daily Item Limit:
Up to 25 checks
Daily Deposit Amount Limit:
Not to exceed $10,000
Multi-day Item Limit:
Up to 150 Checks
Multi-day Deposit Amount Limit:
Not to exceed $50,000
Not to exceed $50,000
Daily and multi-day limits are calculated based on business days of the Bank as defined in our Terms and Conditions. “Multi-day” limits are based on the 20 consecutive business days prior to and including the date of the mobile deposit.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
- Log in to your service using the CCBMobile App.
- Endorse the check(s) by writing "For Mobile Deposit Only at Capital City Bank" and then signing your name.
- Select Mobile Deposit.
- Select the account for deposit and enter the amount of the first check and select Capture Image, then press Enter.
- Take a photo of the front of the check. Preview the image, then select either Retake or Use.
- Repeat this step to take a photo of the back of the check. Preview the images, then select either Retake or Submit Deposit.
- Next, you will receive a "Deposit submitted. Check deposited successfully." message or an error message with an explanation of what information could not be read or found.
- If upload is successful, click Close to return to the home screen.
- Check your e-mail for confirmation that the deposit was successfully received. Follow-up e-mails will be sent when the deposit is approved and processed. All Mobile Deposit e-mails will come from email@example.com.
Where can I view my mobile deposits after they are submitted?
Successfully submitted deposits will display in the More section of the mobile app under Mobile Deposit History. After the deposit has been posted to your account, the transaction will also display in your account transaction history in your online/mobile banking service and your monthly statement.
Once I have scanned and deposited my check, what should I do with it?
We recommend that you write "Submitted for Mobile Deposit" and the date on the front of the check. You should hold on to the check for at least 15 calendar days after you receive an e-mail notification from us that your deposit has been approved. If for any reason your check is returned, we will send you an image of the item you initially deposited along with a notice detailing the reason the check was returned.
What types of checks (or items) are eligible for Mobile Deposit?
Checks must be made payable to you, be drawn on a U.S. financial institution and be in U.S. dollars.
The following items are NOT eligible for deposit via CCBMobile Deposit:
- Canadian checks
- Foreign checks
- U.S. savings bonds
- Treasury Tax & Loan (TTL) payments
Do I need to use a deposit slip?
No. Sending a clear scanned image of the front and back of the check is all that's needed for the deposit.
Do I need to endorse the check?
Yes. All checks deposited, regardless of how they are deposited, must have "For Mobile Deposit only at Capital City Bank" and be endorsed with your signature.
When will I have access to my funds after submitting a Mobile Deposit?
If the deposit is successfully completed by 8 p.m. ET, the deposit will be credited the same business day, and the funds will be available the next day (provided no hold is placed). Deposits made on weekends and bank holidays will not be credited until the next business day. Deposits are subject to Capital City Bank Terms and Conditions and Funds Availability Policy.
How will I know the deposit was accepted?
If you make the deposit during a business day before 8 p.m. ET., you will receive an e-mail from us that day to let you know whether the deposit was accepted or if there was an issue. If you make the deposit after 8 p.m. ET during a business day or anytime on a weekend or holiday, you will receive notification the next business day.
I'm trying to use Mobile Deposit but I'm getting an error message. What is the problem?
If you are receiving an error message, the message should specify where the problem is and provide a prompt for how to resolve the error. Refer to the following for some common mistakes and other ways an error may occur:
- Sign the back of the check before you take the picture.
- The image of the check must be clear, and all four corners must be visible in the photo.
- The check must be free of shadows.
- If the check is wrinkled, make sure to flatten it before taking a picture.
- Ensure there is good contrast between the check and the background surface.
- After you take a picture, you will be able to review and retake it if necessary.
In addition, some items are not supported by Mobile Deposit because of check printing issues. Examples are:
- Checks without a check number in the MICR line
- Checks without an account number in the MICR line (Example: counter checks)
- Checks encoded with a dollar amount
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
If you continue to receive the same error message, please take the check to a Capital City Bank office, a Virtual Banking machine or Smart ATM for deposit.
What do I do if the deposit isn't accepted?
If there is an issue with the deposit, you will receive an e-mail giving you directions on what to do next.
Explore SEND Personal Payments
Split the lunch bill, pay your sitter or contribute to a group gift. SEND from Capital City Bank lets you send money electronically to practically anyone, even if they do not have an account with us. Your person-to-person payments are almost as quick as if you'd handed over the cash yourself.
Safe, quick and convenient
- Money is sent securely in real time using only an e-mail address or mobile phone number for the recipient.
- Your account information stays protected – you won’t see the other person’s information and they won’t see yours.
- Payments are processed and protected in the same way as PIN-based, point-of-sale debit card transactions.
View step-by-step instructions for enrolling in and using SEND, our convenient and secure person-to-person payments service, plus answers to frequently asked questions.
Who can use SEND?
Clients who have a debit card linked to their Capital City Bank personal and business checking account and are enrolled in online or mobile banking may use SEND for person-to-person payments to practically anyone.
How is SEND different from Client-to-Client Transfer? Which service should I use?
A Client-to-Client Payment is the best option when you need to send money to another Capital City Bank client who also uses online or mobile banking. You will need the recipient’s e-mail address used for online banking and the last four digits of the checking or savings account to make a Client-to-Client Transfer. SEND gives you the option to send money to a person who does not have an account with Capital City Bank.
Is SEND safe to use?
Yes! To use SEND, you must first log in to your Capital City Bank Online Banking service or CCBMobile App. Once a payment is created, you will enter your debit card PIN using an encrypted PIN pad to send the money. Just be sure you are certain you have the correct e-mail address or mobile number for the person you wish to pay. There is no “oops” button or way to cancel a SEND payment once completed.
Who can I pay with SEND?
You can pay almost anyone with SEND, even if the recipient does not have an account with Capital City Bank. All it takes is a valid e-mail address or mobile phone number for the person you wish to pay with SEND. The recipient will be notified by either e-mail or text that they have money from you to accept.
What is Acculynk?
Capital City Bank has partnered with Acculynk, also formerly known as Payzur, to bring you our SEND person-to-person payments service. Acculynk’s secure technology enables payments to be sent and received in mere moments from your Capital City Bank checking account.
Do I need to enroll to use SEND?
How do I edit the debit card used for SEND Payments?
Once a debit card is saved, you cannot edit the card number but you may edit the nickname assigned to the card. To use a different card for SEND payments, you must remove and replace OR add another Capital City Bank debit card: Select Move Money > SEND Money from the Main Menu, choose the Manage Cards tab, click or tap the trash can icon next to the card you wish to remove and select Remove to confirm. Also from the Manage Cards tab, choose Add a card and complete the Verify Debit Card screen when prompted to add a replacement or additional Capital City debit card.
How do I delete or remove a debit card used for SEND Payments?
From the Main Menu, select Move Money > SEND Money, choose the Manage Cards tab, click or tap the trash can icon next to the card you wish to remove and select Remove to confirm.
Is there a fee for person-to-person payments made with SEND?
No. Capital City Bank does not charge for payments made using SEND. Standard message and data rates may apply when using a mobile device.
Are there limits for payments made with SEND?
Yes. Daily limits for SEND payments are $750 per day for both personal card and business debit cards. No monthly dollar limit applies.
How do I make a payment with SEND?
- Log in to your online banking service or the CCBMobile App.
- Select Move Money from the Main Menu, and then click or tap SEND Money.
- If you did not add a Capital City Bank debit card when you enrolled in SEND or wish to add another card, select the Manage Cards tab to add your card before continuing.
- Complete the fields for Recipient Name, Email OR Mobile #, Amount and Memo information. (The recipient will be notified of your payment by the same method you choose to send the money – text message or e-mail. Be sure to include a MEMO because it will be delivered with the notification of your payment to the recipient.) NOTE: In the CCBMobile app, you can click on the person icon in the Recipient Name field to select from your contacts. You may be prompted to authorize the CCBMobile app to access your contacts.
- Use the Debit Card drop-down list to select the card you would like to use for this payment. Click or tap Continue.
- You will be prompted to Review the details of the payment you wish to make, and then select Edit or Continue.
NOTE: Changes cannot be made to the payment details beyond this point, so carefully check the information before you choose Continue.
- Verify the transaction using your debit card Personal Identification Number (PIN). For account security, the encrypted PIN pad will scramble after each digit you enter. Once all digits of your PIN are entered, click or tap SUBMIT.
NOTE: You will have two attempts to enter the correct PIN before the service is locked for your protection.
- A Success confirmation should appear on your screen with the transaction/payment details. Either Close the confirmation or select History to view your SEND payments.
When making a SEND payment in the CCBMobile app, why would I be asked to allow the app to access contacts on my mobile device?
Depending on your type of mobile device, you may be prompted to authorize the CCBMobile app to access your contacts if you select the person icon in the Recipient Name field when making a payment. Approving access will allow you to select both a name and contact method (e-mail or mobile #) from your contacts and possibly avoid typing errors when you make a payment. Access to your camera may be requested when you accept a SEND payment. NOTE: If you authorize access your contacts and/or camera and the function does not work properly, then verify in your device settings that the CCBMobile app has permission to access the contacts and/or camera. This function may not be available on all mobile devices.
What PIN do I use to authorize my SEND payment?
To authorize your payment, use the on-screen PIN pad to enter the PIN you selected for your Capital City Bank debit card.
Why does the PIN pad scramble after I select each number?
The encrypted PIN pad scrambles after each digit you enter as an added layer of security to help protect your sensitive account information.
What if I forget my PIN needed to authorize a SEND payment?
SEND payments work just like purchases where you use your Capital City Bank debit card and PIN. If you enter an incorrect PIN and the SEND service tells you that your card has been disabled, it’s likely you have simply exceeded your PIN attempts for the service. Wait 24 hours before you try to send using SEND again, but don’t worry about other debit card transactions. SEND will stop you before the PIN attempts block your card from working elsewhere.
When is my SEND payment deducted from my account?
Payments made with SEND are debited from your account at the same time you request money to be sent and receive the Success confirmation.
Does my SEND payment expire?
Yes, SEND payments that are not accepted by the recipient within 10 days will be returned and credited back to your account. Should a payment expire, the recipient and you will receive notification that the payment was not accepted in the allotted timeframe and was returned to sender. Returned SEND payments are credited back to your account typically within one to two business days.
How do I know if my SEND payment has been accepted or returned?
From the Main Menu, select Move Money > SEND Money, choose the History tab. Your history will show details of transactions and current status of payments:
- Date of payment
- Recipient name
- Email/Phone# where money was sent
- Amount of payment
- Status of payment:
- Payment Sent – Payment was sent successfully, but has not been collected (accepted) by recipient
- Payment Collected – Payment was sent successfully and collected (accepted) by recipient
- Send Failed – Payment was not sent and funds will not be debited from your account
- Payment Returned – Payment was not collected (accepted) within 10 days from the date sent and has been credited back to sender’s account
- Incorrect PIN – Payment was not sent because an incorrect PIN was input for the debit card saved for SEND payments
- Payment Canceled – Payment was canceled before it was completed/sent (for example, a payment is canceled at the point when the sender is prompted to enter PIN) and funds are not debited from sender’s account
- Click on the blue arrow to the left of a transaction to see the Memo for that payment
How will a SEND payment appear in my online banking service or on my statement?
All SEND transactions (payments sent and accepted) should include the phrases “CapitCtyBankSEND” and “Tallahassee FL”. In most instances, payments sent will be described as “POS Debit Pri CapitCtyBankSEND LOC: Tallahassee FL”.
Can I set up a recurring payment through SEND?
No recurring-payment feature is available currently. However, you may save time by repeating a previous payment. From the Main Menu, select Move Money > SEND Money, choose the History tab. Click on the blue arrow to expand details of the payment you would like to repeat, and then select on Repeat this transaction. Details of your previous payment will be input automatically into the appropriate fields. Click Continue. Verify payment information, click Continue again and input PIN when prompted.
How do I cancel a SEND payment?
SEND payments cannot be cancelled once completed, so it is important to be certain you have the correct e-mail address or mobile number for the person you wish you pay before you make the payment. We have no way of preventing an unintended recipient from accepting the money you intended for someone else.
How does someone know when I’ve paid them with SEND?
As soon as you complete your payment, SEND generates a notification to the recipient either by e-mail from Capital City Bank or text message from 850.403.3295. The type of notification depends on if you submit the recipient’s e-mail address or mobile phone number when you make a payment. The notification provides details of the sender, amount and reason for the payment (your Memo is included in e-mail notifications, but not text notifications; the Memo is visible for all recipients after they click the link to accept your payment) and instructs the recipient on how to accept the money you sent. The recipient has 10 days to accept your payment before the funds will be returned to you.
How does the recipient accept payments from SEND?
SEND generates a notification to the recipient either by e-mail or text message and the recipient has 10 days to accept your payment before the funds will be returned to you. E-mail and text notifications each provide details of the sender, amount and reason for the payment. E-mail notifications instruct the recipient to click the “Accept Payment” button, and text notifications instruct recipients to click on the link provided to accept money. The recipient then enters his or her debit card or bank account information (routing and account numbers) and acknowledges the recipient agreement to accept your payment. If the recipient chooses to accept the money with his or her bank account, the transfer will be sent via ACH and will post to the account according to the guidelines of the receiving financial institution. No registration or log in is required to receive payments made with SEND.
Can I see if someone paid me with SEND by logging in to my own Capital City Bank online banking service or CCBMobile app?
No. Since neither a Capital City account nor online/mobile banking login credentials are necessary to accept money paid with SEND, you’ll only know money has been sent via the e-mail or text notification generated when a payment is made to you.
Why does the recipient see capitalcitybank.payzur.com when instructed to accept a payment?
Capital City Bank has partnered with Acculynk, also formerly known as Payzur, to offer our SEND person-to-person payments service. To accept money paid via SEND – either by text or e-mail – the recipient should enter the requested information when directed to capitalcitybank.payzur.com. The recipient should look for the Capital City Bank logo and the words “Receive Money” in blue at the top of the page, and check for a lock icon in the address bar of the web or mobile browser. These visual elements indicate the recipient is on a secure page provided by a partner of Capital City Bank.
When accepting a SEND payment from a mobile device (either by e-mail or text), why would the recipient be asked to allow access to the camera?
Depending on the type of mobile device used to accept a payment, the recipient may be prompted to authorize access to the camera when choosing to scan the debit card he or she wishes to be credited with the money you sent. Approving camera access will allow the recipient to scan a debit card number and expiration date rather than type the information. NOTE: This function may not be available on all mobile devices.
Is the recipient charged a fee for accepting a payment I make with SEND?
Capital City Bank does not charge for money accepted from a payment made with SEND, though standard message and data rates may apply when using a mobile device. If the recipient accepts the money with a debit card or account at a financial institution other than Capital City Bank, then that financial institution may charge a fee for the payment. We recommend recipients review their deposit account agreements or contact their financial institutions before accepting a payment from SEND.
How soon are SEND payments credited to the recipient’s account?
Payments are sent in real time and must be accepted within 10 days either with a debit card or with deposit account information (requires the recipient to enter routing and account numbers for his or her financial institution).
- Accept Money with Debit Card: If money is accepted with a debit card, typically the recipient will have access to the money once the payment has been accepted. Funds will post to the recipient’s account, however, according to the guidelines of the receiving financial institution.
- Accept Money with Deposit Account Information: If the receiver chooses to use his or her deposit account to accept money, then the transfer will be sent via ACH and will post to the account according to the guidelines of the receiving financial institution.
Bottom Line: Accepting money with a debit card typically results in quicker availability of funds.
How will a SEND payment appear in the recipient’s online banking service or account statement?
All SEND transactions (payments sent and accepted) should include the phrases “CapitCtyBankSEND” and “Tallahassee FL”. In most instances, payments accepted (collected) will be described as “POS Credit Pri CapitCtyBankSEND LOC: Tallahassee FL”. NOTE: Transaction descriptions may vary by the receiving financial institution.
What if the recipient of my SEND payment is told his or her debit card is not eligible to receive money?
While this should not happen often, some financial institutions restrict their clients or customers from using a debit card to accept money sent person-to-person with a service like SEND. If the recipient is unable to use the preferred debit card, he or she will be prompted to use a different debit card or enter bank account information (routing and account numbers). Transfers using bank account information are sent via ACH and will post to the recipient’s account according to the guidelines of the receiving financial institution.
Explore Text Banking From Capital City Bank
Text banking allows you to get account information and perform transfers when sending a text (SMS) messages from your mobile phone or other supported device.
View step-by-step instructions for enrolling in and using our text banking service.
View a video tutorial:
How do I enroll in text banking?
From the Menu, click or tap Settings > Text Enrollment.
Perform the following steps to enroll:
- Click or tap On.
- Enter the number you wish to enable for text banking in the SMS Text Number field.
- Click or tap Terms and Conditions and read the terms and conditions.
- Check the box by Agree To Terms and click or tap Save.
When the Enrollment Successful message appears, do one of the following:
- Click or tap Close to close the Text Banking settings.
- Click or tap Visit Preferences to configure account preferences for text banking.
Before you use text banking, you must select the accounts you wish to access with text banking and assign each a text banking display name, or nickname. Display names are limited to four characters each (e.g. SAVE or CHCK). You can also indicate the order in which your accounts appear.
Perform the following steps to configure text banking:
- From the Menu, click or tap Settings > Account.
- Click or tap Text.
- Locate each account you wish to use with text banking and do the following:
- Enter a four-character nickname to use for the account in text banking in the Nickname field.
- Select the Enabled check box for the account. You can only use accounts that you enable for text banking.
- In the Order field, enter a number for the account order (e.g. 1, 2, 3).
- Click or tap Submit.
- Look for the green message at the bottom of the page that reads Text Account Preferences updated successfully to confirm your preferences were saved.
How do I use text banking?
Disable any automatic signature or other text when you send a text banking command (these may cause difficulties processing text banking commands).
Send a text message to 226563 (BANKME) and include one of the following commands (Message and data rates may apply):
Please note: A signature or any other text in a text banking message may cause difficulties processing text banking commands. Disable any automatic signature or other text when you send a text banking command.
For additional guidance and detailed instructions, view our online banking user guide for consumer & business clients.
Get Started With Mobile Pay
Add your Capital City Bank Visa® debit card to your favorite mobile wallet app like Apple Pay or Google Pay, and start making fast, simple and secure in-person purchases without having to reach for your wallet or purse.
How do I add my Capital City Bank Visa debit card to my mobile wallet app?
- On iPhone®, open the Wallet app and tap the plus sign. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On Apple Watch™, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Add Credit or Debit Card. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On iPad®, go into Settings, open Wallet & Apple Pay, and select Add Credit or Debit Card. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
For Google Pay:
- Download the Google Pay app.
- Add your Capital City Bank Visa debit card – it's as simple as snapping a photo.
- Pay confidently at more than a million locations in the U.S.
- Make sure your compatible Samsung device* is updated with Samsung Pay.
- Take a picture of your Capital City Bank Visa debit card with your device's camera.
- Secure it with your fingerprint and backup PIN and you’ll be ready to go.
How do I make a purchase with my mobile wallet and Capital City Bank Visa debit card?
Choose your Capital City Bank Visa debit card within your desired mobile wallet app at checkout and tap or swipe to pay. Use it anywhere Visa and Contactless Payments are accepted.
Refer to the Capital City Bank Online Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement(Opens in a new Window) for additional information. Bank rules and restrictions may apply.
*Person-to-person transfers is available with personal accounts only; outbound and inbound transfer fees apply. Capital City Bank is not responsible for harm caused by delays due to the receiving institution's procedures, policies or errors. Transfers may be made from your Capital City deposit account to another person’s Capital City account(s). For deposit purposes only. Some restrictions may apply.